Monday, June 16, 2008

I had a bad movie experience with GSC

I had a bad movie experience with GSC at KungFu Panda screening on 15 June 2008, 2.40pm, Pelangi Leisure Mall.

The following is the actual comment posted on the cinema website www.gsc.com.my: 

Using the ticket reservation service from GSC.com.my, I have made my reservation for the movie on Friday. Everything gone well with GSC sending me a confirmation email to my registered email address. Due to wrong number of ticket reserved during the first attempt, I had made two reservations consecutively as there is no option for me to edit my reservation. (one time for two person ref: 713999 and another time for three person ref:714002). HOWEVER, to my astonishment, the officer at the ticketing counter shocked me by telling me that there is no record of my reservations (both of them) at all!! I queried her about how this could have happened but she is as clueless and unhelpful at all. She suggested that I buy the ticket on the spot and forget about the reservation. Luckily I was early to get the bad news at 1pm, I was able to get a good seat despite the blunder.

After taking my lunch, I arrived at GSC Cinema, Hall 5 at Pelangi Leisure Mall at 2.30pm only to find that my seats (F12 to F14) was occupied and the occupant showed me their ticket originally printed with seat number R12 to R14 that had been strike off using pen to indicate new seat number as F12 to F14. I have no clue who could have done that. Feeling frustrated and ultimately dissatisfied, I had contacted the GSC officer to resolve the dispute. After much clarification and delay, the reluctant occupants left the cinema with the officer. Their relocation of seats might be due to the moving disability of one of the occupants. However, the cinema should always check and relocate to EMPTY seats instead. 

The worst is not over as the whole movie experience was spoiled by the previous incidents and the malfunctioned air-conditioning, setting me to fume throughout the movie. Thanks you for giving me a "MEMORABLE" KungFu Panda experience. 

PS: It would be best if you could cast some lights to the course of sour events that had happened, especially to the online reservation blunder, thanks!

No comments: