Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Upgrade yourself, TM!

TM is the sole telephony service provider in Malaysia. Due to the monopoly nature of the company on the telephony service, it had been known for being not customer friendly and is slow in every expect except billing matters. The recent privatisation and rebranding exercise had since provoked improvements in areas such as cutomer service and providing more innovative products to suits the demand of its customers.

One of the stronghold service TM is known for is the Streamyx braodband internet service. Attracted by a recent promotion offerred by TM and other participating company, I have decided to sign up for the Streamyx offer. But before signing up, one would need to have a fixed telephone line installed. In view of that, I have paid a visit to the nearest TM Point service centre.

After a long wait in the queue, it was fially my turn to be served. The front desk personnel was warm and seems ready for my application. I told him that I was only applying the phone line if the Streamyx service is available. But to my utmost surprise and dissapointment, the sales exec told me that there is no such capability for TM to advise whether the Streamyx service is available or not before customer had sign up and install the phone line. The most they can do is by using your neighbours phone number to check the Streamyx availability and there is no sure guarantee still for the availability is again depends on the free ports!

So, by signing up the phone line service, I would have to fork out RM 135 for registration fees and be bonded via contract for at least 12 months! Only RM 75 is refundable after the termination of 1 year contract. If there is no Streamyx service, it defeat the purpose of signing up the phone line and you will get RM 135 poorer! Anyway, I had gambled my way since the service desperately required.

Why I am making a fuss here? I would like to make use of my freedom of speech here to strongly urge TM to upgrade itself regarding this matter as I believe many Malaysian had been the silent victim for TM's shortcoming! Gone were the days where GLCs like TM can treat their customers like beggers, I hope this is awake up call for you, TM!

No comments: